YBP could not exist without the generous donations and support of the community. As an all-volunteer organization, we highly value volunteer time as a form of support, and in fact cannot exist without dedicated volunteers.
YBP is a non-profit 501c(3) organization, and material and monetary donations are tax-deductible. You can make a monetary donation in the following ways.
- Online: Through PayPal’s secure site
- By Mail: If you would like to make a financial contribution, please send your check to The Yellow Bike Project, 1216 Webberville Rd, Austin, TX 78721
- Employer Matching Programs: EIN: 74-2860831
You can bring your donation of bikes or parts during any of our shop hours (see our shop schedule). In order to avoid temptation to thieves, please donate ONLY during open hours. We can give you a tax-deductible receipt at the time of donation if you’d like this for your records. Here are some examples of things we need:
- quality bikes (especially road bikes)
- Working laptop computers
- locks with keys
- blinky lights
- tools of all kinds – especially metric wrenches and bike-specific repair tools
- good 700c and 27″ tires – please no unusable, dry-rotted, or completely worn-out tires.
- good wheels (especially 700c)
- Cleaning supplies, Fast Orange, Simple Green
- Bike oil, grease, etc.