Borrow the YBP Community Bike Trailer!
As a YBP collective member, you are eligible to borrow the Project’s community bike trailer for up to one week at a time, provided you give advance notice and no one else has reserved it. The reservation system may be a bit kludgy, but should keep the trailer from being double-booked.
The trailer itself is compatible with most every bike. As long as you don’t have a stuck seatpost or a suspension seatpost, using this trailer should be a breeze.
Steps for using the YBP community bike trailer:
1) Be (pretty) sure that you’re a YBP collective member – or, in other words, that you have volunteered at least 24 hours in the past three months. As long as you’re pretty sure, go ahead with the next step, and we’ll verify ASAP.
2) Fill out this form.
3) You’ll be contacted within 2 days to either confirm your reservation or work out an alternative borrow period if necessary.
4) Pick up the trailer during your selected shop time
5) Haul things with the trailer
6) Bring the trailer back during your selected shop time.
YBP would like to thank the bike delivery team at Whole Foods Downtown Austin for generously donating this retired food-delivery trailer. THANKS!
On a side note, 3 more perks to maintaining collective member status:
1) a very substantial discount on fixed-price new parts carried in the shop(tires, cables, housing, etc…).
2) collective members may begin Coordinator apprenticeship at any time. This is the path toward becoming a shop Coordinator, which enables you to help keep the shop open, and keep YBP pumping more and more bikes out onto the streets of Austin!
3) come to meetings, participate in running the organization, hang out with cool people that are dedicated to making things happen.