All the volunteer-powered effort we can muster couldn’t make YBP go without donations of bikes and parts. YBP accepts donations of complete bicycles, frames, wheels, components, accessories, tools, and just about anything bike-related. Donations are accepted at our headquarters at 1216 Webberville Road anytime the shop is open, including Open and Volunteer Shops and Retail Hours (click here for our current schedule). In order to discourage theft, please avoid dropping off donations when the shop is closed. YBP is a 501c(3) non-profit, and we will be happy to furnish you with a donation receipt for tax purposes.
We’re grateful for anything you’d like to donate, and accept donations in all states of repair. We’ll fix everything we can, and dispose of anything we can’t responsibly. Some items that are always in high demand include:
- Quality adult bikes
- 24″ (adolescent-sized) bikes
- Kids’ bikes
- 700c wheels
- Working floor pumps
- 27″ and kids’ (18″, 20″, 24″) tires in good condition
- Locks with their keys/combinations
- Durable storage containers
You can make a tax-deductible monetary donation in the following ways:
- In person during any shop hours—click here for our current schedule
- Online: Through PayPal’s secure site
- By Mail: Yellow Bike Project, 1216 Webberville Rd, Austin, TX 78721. Please make checks payable to Yellow Bike Project.
- Employer Matching Programs: EIN: 74-2860831