Adult Courses and Registration
Adult Bicycle Maintenance courses happening in July!
Sign up for just the one you want to learn or check out our new Fast Track Earn-a-Bike Program! Sign up for all 5 mechanic classes at once at a fraction of the cost and receive a bike to use your spiffy new mechanic skills on to help get it rolling again. Please stay tuned by liking us on Facebook and sign up to sign up here to receive updates about future courses.
We know – bicycles can be scary. Riding on the street among cars, the squeaky, clicky noise your bike makes every time you pedal, your wobbly wheels and brakes that barely stop you – any one of these things can easily keep you from getting back in the saddle. At the Austin Yellow Bike Project, we want to teach you how to fix all those simple problems and how to ride like a seasoned pro on the streets of Austin, Texas and elsewhere. Our staff is a team of daily, transportation cyclists and bicycle mechanics who have ridden their bicycles not only in Austin, but across the country and even the globe. We have learned from the bottom up how to fix flat tires, rebuild drivetrains, and navigate the busy streets of a growing city. With our classes, you too will soon be confidently riding your bicycle to work or wherever you please and with the knowledge that a flat tire won’t leave you stranded!
For a full listing of this month’s classes, visit our Eventbrite page
- The cost of each class is $25 unless otherwise noted.
- Classes are non-refundable.
- All mechanics courses include time to work on your own bicycle at the end.
- All courses take place indoors, with the exception of Commuting 101. The building is not heated or air-conditioned, however, so dress appropriately.
- Registration closes for all courses 24 hours before the scheduled class.